/(ˈtraɪ hæk ˈsɪt)/
1000 People, Virtual, FREE
November 11-20th, 2021
Cybersecurity Boot Camp
Immersive Hands-On Learning
Capture the Flag Competition
Cybersecurity Bootcamp and CTF
The University of New Haven and TryHackMe.com have partnered to bring you the largest hands-on Cybersecurity bootcamp with a virtualized lab infrastructure for novice learners! This week long bootcamp has daily live classes and concludes with our Capture the Flag competition on Saturday! Thanks to the generous support of TryHackMe.com and the University of New Haven’s Connecticut Institute of Technology and our volunteers, you don’t have to pay a penny!
TryHackCIT bootcamp offers the following with a focus on skills needed for offensive security:
(a) Kali Linux
(b) Python Scripting
(c) Networks and
(d) Web Fundamentals.
The camp is a comprehensive one week, learner-centered, hands-on, intensive program designed to help you learn about Cybersecurity and be able to compete in Capture the Flag competitions. TryHackMe.com is providing a Premium Membership voucher to participants during the bootcamp and for a short time after for free!
Week at a Glance
SECURING OUR FUTURE – Mini Documentary
- Daily 90-minute webinar on the day’s topic with speakers and instruction.
- Instructors are cybersecurity experts from the University of New Haven and TryHackMe.com
- Speakers are educational and industry leaders in Cybersecurity.
Daily Interactive Sessions
- There will be some evening seminars on cybersecurity topics during the week.
- We have saved video of 90-minute interactive sessions for each day’s content on TryHackMe.com. You can work on the path by following the video and finish it independently. The videos are here.
- TryhackMe.com helps you learn using hands-on activities and challenges
- Your progress in the activities all week earns you credit for the Capture the Flag Competition (CTF) at the end of the week.
- On the last day, our Capture the Flag competition will open and will remain open for a week past the final day of the bootcamp.
- These challenges will be based on everything you learned this week.
- Winners will be announced November 20th, 2021.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors for helping to organize and run such an incredible event!
The University of New Haven is proud to be only one of only 23 schools nationally that is designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) as a National Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO)!
TryHackMe is an online platform that teaches Cybersecurity through hands-on virtual labs. Whether you are an expert or beginner, learn through a virtual room structure to understand theoretical and practical security elements.
Digital Ocean is a cloud-based platform that offers computing solutions for companies and businesses. Digital Ocean is sponsoring prizes and awards for the challenges during this bootcamp.
SECURING OUR FUTURE LAUNCH
University of New Haven, Connecticut Institute of Technology, Samuel S. Bergami Jr. Cybersecurity Center
University of New Haven Program Photos
Webinars & TryHackMe.com
Follow the button below to see the Schedule and important links.