/(ˈtraɪ hæk ˈsɪt)/
1000 People, Virtual, FREE
July 27th – August 1st, 2020
Cybersecurity Boot Camp
Immersive Hands-On Learning
Capture the Flag Competition
Cybersecurity Bootcamp and CTF
July 27th – August 1st, 2020
The University of New Haven and TryHackMe.com have partnered to bring you the largest hands-on Cybersecurity bootcamp with a virtualized lab infrastructure for novice learners! This week long bootcamp starts on July 27 and includes our Capture the Flag competition ending on Aug. 1! Thanks to the generous support of TryHackMe.com and the University of New Haven and our volunteers, you don’t have to pay a penny!
TryHackCIT bootcamp offers the following with a focus on skills needed for offensive security:
(a) Researching and Google Dorking
(b) Kali Linux
(c) Python Scripting
(d) Networks and
(e) Web Fundamentals.
The camp is a comprehensive one week, learner-centered, hands-on, intensive program designed to help you learn about Cybersecurity and be able to compete in Capture the Flag competitions. TryHackMe.com is providing a voucher use their system for two weeks to participants for free!
Week at a Glance
SECURING OUR FUTURE – Mini Documentary
- Daily 90-minute webinar on the day’s topic with speakers and instruction.
- Instructors are cybersecurity experts from the University of New Haven and TryHackMe.com
- Speakers are educational and industry leaders in Cybersecurity.
Daily Interactive Sessions
- Following the webinar will be a 90-minute interactive session where we will demonstration/showcase the content on TryHackMe.com. You will be able to work on the path during this time and finish it independently.
- TryhackMe.com help you learn using hands-on activities and challenges
- Your progress in the activities all week earns you credit for the Capture the Flag Competition (CTF) at the end of the week.
- On the last day, you will participate in our Capture the Flag competition hosted on TryHackMe.com
- These challenges will be based on everything you learned this week.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors for helping to organize and run such an incredible event!
The University of New Haven is proud to be only one of only 23 schools nationally that is designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) as a National Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO)!
TryHackMe is an online platform that teaches Cybersecurity through hands-on virtual labs. Whether you are an expert or beginner, learn through a virtual room structure to understand theoretical and practical security elements.
Digital Ocean is a cloud-based platform that offers computing solutions for companies and businesses. Digital Ocean is sponsoring prizes and awards for the challenges during this bootcamp.
SECURING OUR FUTURE LAUNCH
University of New Haven, Connecticut Institute of Technology, Samuel S. Bergami Jr. Cybersecurity Center
University of New Haven Program Photos
Webinars & TryHackMe.com
Follow the button below to see the Schedule and important links.